Personal likes and dislikes strongly affect the type of food you choose. There’s always something you enjoy more or less. We already know that your zodiac sign can determine your compatibility with others, or your personality. If we say that it, in a way, dictates the foods you should or shouldn’t eat, does it make sense? Perfectly! Astrology can help you find the foods that might be a good fir for you. Whether you are more into traditional dishes or willing to experiment with new cuisines, read on to find out what the stars might say about the future of your shape.
You may also like: Positive and Negative Traits of the Zodiac Signs
You may also like: What are the Worst Zodiac Matches
You may also like: MAKING HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES
Food habits according to your sign!
Since Aries are constantly busy and on the move, they don’t have time for long meals. Spending hours at a table is nothing but a waste of time. Although they should avoid spicy food, they just can’t help it. Especially when sick, they should pay more attention to their eating habits.
- Eat: Brown rice, fruit juices, bananas, olives, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cauliflower, cucumbers, spinach, radishes, broccoli, beans, lentils, figs, pumpkin, walnuts, dried apricots, garlic, and mustard
- Avoid: Spicy food, salt, and alcohol
- Tip: Eat slowly.
Those under the sign of Taurus have a huge appetite and know how to enjoy food. They love cooking, so if there’s anyone you can learn a number of recipes from, it is definitely the Bull. No sign is more sedentary or accumulates pounds faster than the Bull. Their biggest challenge is cutting down on sweets, pasta and bread. They can’t imagine being on a diet, it’s like a torture for both their body and mind.
- Eat: Cranberries, asparagus, beets, cauliflowerr, broccoli, cucumbers, onions, radishes, spinach, pumpkin, nuts, beans, and horseradish
- Avoid: Rich and heavy foods
- Tip: Try replacing sweets with fresh fruit.
For Geminis it is who they are sharing the table with that is more important, than what’s on the table. Being in a good company and having a good chat while dining is crucial for them. It’s all about spending a quality time withe their friends, rather than just devouring the food. So, it comes as no surprise why they never suffer from excess weight gain. They might not enjoy eating too much, but they definitely enjoy cooking. Their kitchen is the place where they unleash all their creativity. Furthermore, they like to experiment with different ingredients. Even the greatest traditionalists have trouble resisting food prepared by a Gemini.
- Eat: Plums, oranges, grapefruit, grape juice, apples, raisins, lettuce, cauliflower, spinach, carrots, celery, green beans, tomatoes, vegan yogurt, almonds, cayenne, garlic, and ginger
- Avoid: Coffee, root vegetables (e.g. potatoes and radishes), refined sugar and yeasty foods
- Tip: Try not to skip meals and have them at the same time every day.
As hearty eaters, Cancers often tend to overeat, especially when they are nervous or frightened. But, we have to give them credit for their culinary skills. Cancers enjoy dishes prepared by their grandmother’s recipe book. Homemade food is their specialty. The Crab is a natural in the kitchen. They have no problems spending hours preparing a meal for their guests. It’s a labor of love for them.
- Eat: Wheat, whole-grain rye, oats, rice, fruits, bananas, steamed vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes, beets, pumpkins, cucumbers, seaweed, vegan yogurt, beans, and natural sugars
- Avoid: Oily foods, sweets, salt and refined sugar
- Tip: Learn to control your enormous appetite, especially when you are nervous or afraid.
Leos enjoy eating in some of the most luxurious restaurant. They are all about being seen. But we can’t get mad at them. Being in the spotlight is just in their blood. Even though they are not fond of cooking, they will take on the challenge to make large family dinner and surprise everyone.
- Eat: Whole grains, rice, citrus fruits, peaches, apples, root vegetables (e.g., potatoes, carrots, and radishes), spinach, broccoli, bitter greens (e.g., kale and mustard greens), almonds, nuts, sunflower seeds, and figs
- Avoid: Dairy products and spicy food.
- Tip: Consume a lot of fruit and vegetables.
Probably one of the biggest problems for Virgos is their slow metabolism. That’s why they should consume foods that would help their digestion. A lot of raw vegetables and fruit should be on their menu every day. When it comes to cooking, Virgos can make magic in the kitchen. They are experts at making a tasty dish using all of the leftovers from their fridge. But they can also make an exquisite dish, just like one prepared in one of the priciest restaurants. Virgos are very health conscious and may even be vegetarians. Veggies hold a special place for them. Their salads and other vegetable dishes are hard to resist.
- Eat: Whole grains and cereals, oats, fruit salads, fruit juices, lemon juice, oranges, bananas, leafy greens, vegetables with spices, avocado, sprouts, soups, teas, and almonds
- Avoid: Try to avoid rich and heavy foods and chocolate.
- Tip: Eat light and small meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Every meal is a feast for those born under this sign. From a salad, appetizer to main course and dessert, followed by fine wine or a fancy beer, they enjoy everything that’s on the table. Their Ruling Element Air gives them the flare for the artistic, the beautiful, and the sensitive. When cooking, they make wonderful decorations. So, the appearance of the dishes is just as important as their taste is.
- Eat: Whole grains, oats, apples, grapes, strawberries, raisins, steamed vegetables, spinach, peas, tomatoes, carrots, corn, nondairy cheeses, vegan yogurt, nuts, and almonds
- Avoid: Alcohol, carbonated beverages, refined sugar and yeasty foods.
- Tip: Moderately consume chocolate and sweets if you want to have a good figure.
Scorpios are excellent cooks with a hearty appetite. They often get hungry, especially in the evening. However, they manage to keep their body in shape, despite eating a lot. The moment they feel they went too far, they start with with dietary restrictions. Scorpios either love a dish, or hate it. If it is not prepared according to their taste, you will know. Their Ruling Planet Mars makes them confident and fearless with others, especially when choosing exotic dishes off menus. Scorpios love spicy food.
- Eat: Fruits, bananas, coconut, black cherries, steamed vegetables, green salads, leeks, cauliflower, onions, radishes, tomatoes, asparagus, cucumbers, beets, beans, lentils, and almonds
- Avoid: Yeasty foods, oily foods, salt, sweets, and refined sugar.
- Tip: Avoid junk food and alcohol, and drink large amounts of water and tea every day.
Just like Cancers, Sagittarius also tend to overeat and overdrink. Thus, people born under this sign suffer from digestive problems, high blood pressure and in some cases even obesity. They love exotic, non-standard and spicy food. Archers never use recipes, and when they do, they always add something new. In the kitchen they are curious, creative and love to experiment with different ingredients.
- Eat: Whole grains, whole-grain cereals, pears, oranges, apples, strawberries, root vegetables (e.g., potatoes, carrots, and radishes), onions, olives, figs, and garlic
- Avoid: Alcohol, spicy food, sweets and refined sugar.
- Tip: Try to follow the rule-one meal equals one full plate, not more.
The good thing about the Capricorn people is they have their meals on schedule. They never skip them. If you want to avoid picking a fight with them, never force food on their plate when they are full. Being traditional, Capricorns enjoy homemade food. Don’t be surprised if your Goat partner puts cooking on their priority list. So, if you want to put a ring on their finger, you better start taking cooking classes ASAP.
- Eat: Fruit salads, fruit juices, oranges, lemons, vegetables with spices, rice, cabbage, corn, potatoes, sprouts, soups, teas, peanuts, figs, and flax seeds
- Avoid: Rich and heavy foods, spicy foods, and chocolate.
- Tip: Control salt intake. It can become your organism’s worst enemy.
Aquarius people are not selfish when it comes to sharing food. They often prefer low-calorie meals to protein-rich food. Aquarius should avoid dishes that involve a heavy sauce or gravy. These dishes would only slow them down. Because they love veggies and fruits, they are most likely to become vegetarians. Aquarius don’t cook often. When they do, they hate to blindly follow the recipes. They will make changes, letting their creativity and imagination flow.
- Eat: Oranges, apples, pears, steamed vegetables, cabbage, celery, corn, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, soy yogurt, nuts, dates, figs, cayenne, garlic, ginger, and protein bars
- Avoid: Yeasty foods, coffee and refined sugar.
- Tip: Make sure you have a hearty and healthy breakfast. Also avoid meals in the late evening hours.
Love is the most important ingredient the Pisces add to all their dishes. They use food to show people in their life how much they care for them. Their approach to cooking is always delicate and charming. The Fish appreciate good company at the table. They feel even better if their meal is served in candlelight and in a romantic setting. The downside to their passionate approach is in their love for alcohol. It blurs their vision and their view on life, and has negative effects on their health.
- Eat: Wheat, whole-grain cereals, oats, rice, fruits, apples, grapes, oranges, lemons, peaches, plums, steamed vegetables, spinach, onions, seaweed, beans, dates, and natural sugars
- Avoid: Coffee, yeasty foods, oily foods, asparagus, salt, sweets, and refined sugar
- Tip: Avoid alcohol, drink plenty of water and have regular detox diets.