Looking for some of the most spectacular mega constructions made by man? Look no further.We present you the Palm Islands in Dubai.
It is the exclusive top spot for world class chain of hotels and resorts, out-of-this-world beachfront villas, state-of-art marinas, water parks and shopping facilities.
SEE ALSO: TWO MEN FLY OVER DUBAI WITH JETPACKS
The creator behind this amazing project is Sheik Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum. He’s the visionary of the glorious sight of artificial group of islands that are categorized into three: Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira.
We wanted to explore this amazing site, and discover some interesting facts about the Palm Islands in Dubai that need to be shared with the world:
1. The Palm Islands in Dubai were not a sporadic wish come true. There were around 100 studies done prior, in order to define the feasibility of the project.
2. The Palm Islands in Dubai are a group of islands shaped and connected into a palm Tree.
3. In the initial phase of research, hundreds of divers were investigating the rock formations under water in order to determine the project`s stability.
4. This artificial archipelago consists of a trunk, a crown with 16 fronds and a surrounding crescent.
5. They are visible from space, just like the Berlin wall and only few other constructions.
6. The construction of The Palm Islands created additional 60 kilometer of shoreline in Dubai.
6. The Palm Islands in Dubai have 12,000 palm trees.
7. They are technically not islands, given the fact that they are connected to the mainland by a bridge.
8. More than 32 million cubic meters of ocean sand were used to make what we see today. And it’s spectacular, you have to admit.
Enough to book those tickets, right?