Magnificent medieval castles exude an air of mystery, awe and romance.
They have always attracted the attention of tourists for their charm and sensational appearance. Many artists found inspiration for their masterpieces in these grandiose and marvelous buildings.
Each and every castle in the world has a story to tell. People are so intrigued to learn more about the families who lived there and their customs. Their landscape is so picturesque and colorful. They seem like giants looming from a distance.
There’s no such person who wouldn’t like to feel royal just for a moment. You could easily find yourself traveling through time just by feeling the atmosphere of luxury and comfort. It would be amazing to visit places where kings and queens lived centuries ago.
Here is the list of some of the most beautiful and impressive medieval castles in the world.
1. Hohenzollern Castle, Germany
2. Stalker Castle, Scotland
3. Château de Chambord, France
4. Swallow’s Nest Castle, Crimea, Ukraine
5. Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria, Germany
7. Castel Sant’ Angelo, Rome, Italy
8. Peles Castle, Romania
10. O’Brien’s Tower, Ireland
11. Castle Howard, England
12. Dunnottar Castle, Scotland
13. Hochosterwitz Castle, Austria
14. Alcazar of Segovia, Spain
15. Windsor Castle, England
16. Lichtenstein Castle, Germany
17. Conwy Castle, North Wales
18. Wasserschloss Glatt, Germany
19. Chateau de Versailles, France
20. Balmoral Castle, Scotland
21. Malbork Castle, Poland
22. Hatley Castle, British Columbia, Canada
23. Prague Castle, Czech Republic
24. Predjama Castle, Slovenia
25. Saint Nicholas Castle, Tremiti Islands, Italy