Making healthy food choices must be our priority.
We must learn how to improve our eating habits and adopt a healthy lifestyle. It is important to select foods with significantly less calories than others. More importantly, we must learn how to control food portions. Very often, we tend to eat more than we actually need. Thus, choosing the perfect mix of foods is not the only thing that matters. Controling the amount of it is equally important.
Try to avoid junk foods as much as you can. They have little nutritional value and low satiation value, as well. You will never feel as full when you eat them, which can eventually result in overeating.
Before scarfing down a bag of potato chips or your favorite candy bars, you better think twice. In the pictures below you will be surprised to see what 200 calories really look like. We have made a visual representation of the same amount of calories, comparing healthy foods to junk foods.
1. Blueberry muffin (72 gr) vs. Celery (1425 gr)
2. Hot Dogs (66 gr) vs. Baby Carrots (570 gr)
3. Fried Bacon (34 gr) vs. Avocado ( 125 gr)
4. Doritos (41 gr) vs. Apples (385 gr)
5. Hershey Kisses (36 gr) vs. Honeydew Melon (553 gr)
6. Peanut Butter (34 gr) vs. Kiwi (328 gr)
7. Blackberry Pie (56 gr) vs. Grapes (290 gr)
8. French Fries (73 gr) vs. Mini Peppers (740 gr)
9. Gummy Bears (51 gr) vs. Dried Apricots (83 gr)
10. Butter (28 gr) vs. Eggs (150 gr)
For more info check wisegeek.com